Updated: 4:00pm AEST on Monday, 20 April 2020
- Everyone should stay home unless you are: shopping for what you need, receiving medical care, exercising or travelling to work or education. Read more.
- No more than two people should be out in public together, with the exception of family and household groups. Check State and Territory websites for further enforcement information.
- The Government has passed legislation for the $130 billion JobKeeper Payment to keep more Australians in jobs and support businesses affected by the Coronavirus. Read more.
- A new Higher Education Relief Package will support workers who have been displaced as a result of the COVID-19 crisis and who are looking to upskill or retrain. It will also provide funding certainty to higher education providers. Read more.
- The Australian Government has now received 58 million protective face masks that will help protect frontline health workers at risk of COVID-19. Read more.
- There has been an increase in COVID-19 themed cyber activity towards websites designed to either install software or steal personal information and banking details. Learn more about protecting yourself against cybercrime, or report a cybercrime.
- The Australian Government guarantees domestic aviation network to capital cities and regional centres. Read more.
- Stay informed. Download the official government “Coronavirus Australia” app in the Apple App Store or Google Play, or join our WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android.