You only need to read 10 books between 10 June and 18 August to complete the Challenge - that's just one book a week.
Fill in your reading log
Make sure you've got your own reading log and know how to fill it in. Get an adult to sign it every time you finish a book.
When you finish
Give your finished reading log to your teacher by 18 August 2014.
If you finish early
If you finish before the Challenge ends - keep reading!
Have fun and win prizes
- Write a book review and you could win a prize - there are 6 prizes to be won every week
- You'll get a sticker for each of the first 10 books you read
- Your teacher may encourage you with a wristband, a special e-certificate, eraser or pencil.
Finish the Challenge to:
- Go into the draw to win a $100 book voucher - there are 3 to be won
- Receive your special 2014 Premier's Reading Challenge certificate
- Have the chance to go to the end-of-Challenge party in Hobart with the Premier to celebrate
- Read any sort of book that you enjoy, on any subject, fiction or non-fiction
- Visit your local LINC or library - there are heaps of fantastic books to choose from
- Ask your teacher or librarian to help you find cool books for your age about stuff you like
- If you're just beginning to read, share books with an adult, older brother or sister or a book buddy
- You will get your official Challenge certificate, signed by the Premier, in Term 4
- Books that you read for the MS Readathon and any other reading programs can be included on your reading log
- Any book you read at home or school counts towards your 10 books
- Challenge yourself. If you finish 10 books before the end of the Challenge - keep reading! Get another reading log here or ask your teacher for one
Good luck with the Challenge!