Sirolli Enterprise Facilitation Service
The Sirolli Enterprise Facilitation Service is offered in three communities in Tasmania:
- Circular Head municipality in the north west
- George Town and Dorset municipalities in the north east
- Huon Valley municipality in the south.
The service is for people in the communities of Circular Head, George Town, Dorset or Huon Valley, who:
- have an idea for starting a business or community project
- run a businesses, social enterprises or not for profit organisations
- operate an existing businesses that is in a growth phase or is experiencing difficulties.
What service will be provided?
- An Enterprise Facilitator will work with clients and assist them to move forward with their idea or enterprise, by helping to remove barriers to advancing a project.
- The Enterprise Facilitator will work with clients to assess their strengths and weaknesses in the three key areas of product development marketing and financial management.
- The Enterprise Facilitator will ensure that the key elements of the enterprise are well managed, by assisting the client to develop a skilled team around them which can help to develop, grow or diversify the business in a sustainable way.
- The process utilises a 'Local Resource Team' of interested people with skills and experience that could help clients. The Local Resource Team meets monthly and assists the facilitator in finding resources, information, team members or partners to assist clients in their endeavours.
- The Enterprise Facilitation Service is free and confidential.
To find out more, please visit the websites listed below or contact the enterprise facilitator in your community.
Facilitator : Peter Fulton
Phone : 0488 018 931
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.capeinnovations.com.au
George Town and Dorset
Facilitator: Victoria Pullen
Phone: 0488 018 922
Facilitator: Lesley Kirby
Phone: 0438 503 528
The Sirolli Enterprise Facilitation service is based on an economic development model developed by Dr Ernesto Sirolli. The Tasmanian Government provided funding for three communities to implement the Sirolli Enterprise Development model.
Ernesto Sirolli is an Italian-born economic and community development specialist known for his enterprise facilitation model which emerged from his work in Africa in the 1970s. In 1985 he pioneered an economic development approach in Esperance, Western Australia which is credited with turning around the community's economy.
The Sirolli model promotes a 'trinity of management' concept that involves helping an individual entrepreneur to identify their strengths and weaknesses in the three core areas of product development, marketing and financial management. The process then links clients to resources, information, mentors, advisors or business partners who can offer skills in those areas of weakness.
Check for upcoming events near you.
Does your digital strategy fit your business plan?This weeks blog was written by Chris Davis for the Digital Ready Program and first posted on Business Tasmania on 13 May 2013. We thought it...
Info to help get you started or get more out of being online