You are viewing an archived copy of this website captured Sat Mar 08 03:55:13 AEDT 2014

Australian Electoral Commission

Enrol to vote

Updated: 7 March 2014

The electoral roll for the Senate election in Western Australia is now closed. It is too late to enrol for this election. The Senate election in WA is only for eligible voters living in Western Australia. You can still enrol for future federal, state and local government elections.

To enrol for the first time or get back on the roll, you can enrol online.

You will need to provide evidence of your identity. You can use your driver's licence, Australian passport number or have someone who is enrolled confirm your identity.

You are required by law to enrol if you:

  • are an Australian citizen, or eligible British subject,
  • aged 18 years and over, and
  • have lived at your address for at least one month.

If you are 16 or 17 you can enrol now so when you turn 18 you'll be able to vote.

If you are overseas or going overseas don't use this form to enrol. Please see information on going overseas.

* When you finish enrolling online, don’t forget to close your browser to protect your privacy.

Already enrolled online? Check the status using the receipt number provided.

Other ways you can enrol

When updating your enrolment details you might also need to update your personal details with your state and territory road traffic authority.