Login & Password
- Make sure no one else is logged in
- To log someone else out, click at the top right of any Facebook page and select Log Out
- Go to the top of www.facebook.com and enter one of the following:
- Email address: You can log in with any email address that is currently listed on your Facebook account
- Username: You can also log in with your username
- Mobile number: If you have a mobile number confirmed on your account you can enter it here (skip the zeros before the country code and any symbols)
If you're having trouble logging into your account:
Note: We're unable to reply to every bug report, but we may contact you for more details as we investigate. Thanks for taking the time to help us improve Facebook.
- Click the Verify link under the captcha (words in the box) that you see when sending friend requests.
- Enter your mobile number on the mobile confirmation page. Choose your country code, then enter your number without any special characters (+ or -) or leading zeros.
Note: If you see a message that says you have reached the code limit, please wait a couple of days and try again. If you've tried both of these options and you are still unable to receive a code, let us know.
If an account you created is still on Facebook, we can help you find it. You'll need to know an email address, a phone number, or the username associated with your account. You may also be able to find the account using your name and the name of someone you're friends with on Facebook.
Once you find the account, you can reset your password. You can then continue using your account or delete it.
Resetting Your Password
If you're logged out of your account and you can't remember your password:
You can request a new password by clicking the Forgot your password? link on the Facebook login page. We'll send you an email with a link to reset your password.
If you're logged into your account:
- Click at the top right of any Facebook page and select Settings
- Click on the Password section
- Enter your current password and a new password and save your changes
- Use a different password than the ones you use for other sites or services
- Make sure your password is long and strong: use a combination of at least 6 numbers, letters and punctuation marks
- Don't use words found in the dictionary
When you create a new password, make sure that it's at least 6 characters long. Try to use a complex combination of numbers, letters, and punctuation marks. If the password you entered isn't strong enough, try mixing together uppercase and lowercase letters or making the password longer.
The password you create should be easy for you to remember but hard for someone else to figure out. For extra security, your Facebook password should be different than other passwords that you use to log into other places, like your email or bank account.
Anyone with access to your email account can request a new password for your Facebook account. You can help keep your Facebook account safe by changing the password to your email account. Make sure that all of the passwords you use are different.
To change your login email password (ex: your Gmail password):
- Go to your email account
- Find your account settings
- Change your password
If you have any questions, please reach out to your email service provider: