You are viewing an archived copy of this website captured Tue Jan 07 13:29:26 AEDT 2014
Skip Navigation LinksHome Resources Pages default


Emergency Contacts​ ​
Life threatening emergencies ​Telephone Triple Zero (000)
For life threatening, critical or serious situations only.
​State Emergency Service (SES) flood and storm assistance ​Telephone 132 500
​Non-emergency contacts ​
​Tasmania Fire Service ​To report a fire, telephone Triple Zero (000)
For non-emergencies, contact 1800 000 699
State-wide fire bans
Fire alert map | Fire alert list
Ambulance Tasmania ​1800 008 008
Tasmania Police 131 444
​Crime Stoppers ​1800 333 000
Health and hospital information ​Contact the Department of Health and Human Services or phone Service Tasmania on 1300 135 513
Poison Information Centre 131 126
​Health direct ​After hours medical advice - phone 1800 022 222
​Road conditions and closures ​For state-wide details visit:
Department of Infrastructure, Energy and Resources
Tasmania Police
Power supply/outages ​Aurora Energy:
Current power outage information
Report fallen powerlines or a power outage: phone 13 2004
Weather and warnings ​Visit the Bureau of Meteorology site, or check their Telephone Weather Services Directory for Tasmania.
For warnings and advice, tune to your local ABC radio station. Details of your local ABC radio frequency and web page can be obtained from
​Animal emergencies ​To report injured or orphaned wildlife, contact the Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment Mon to Fri, 9am to 5pm on 6165 4305
​Tsunami warnings ​Check the latest Bureau of Meteorology tsunami warnings.
Listen to your local radio and TV announcements.
Telephone 1300 TSUNAMI (1300 878 6264)
Tasmanian local councils ​Visit your local council for information regarding your specific location, or check your local telephone book for your local council's contact phone numbers.

Web site:
132 203 - report faults and damage to Telstra property
132 299 - business-only technical support

Web site:
Phone: 133 937

​Schools ​For information on school closures, either contact your children's school directly or visit the Department of Education.