Amendments are required to the range of electricity-related legislation and regulations in Tasmania to implement the reform package. The legislation will implement the key and supporting features of the reform package, such as:
- ensuring the Regulator’s functions and objectives are appropriate for the new market structure;
- establishing regulation of Hydro Tasmania’s wholesale market activities;
- refining retail price regulation arrangements for a competitive market;
- reflecting the divestment of Aurora Energy and the merging of Aurora and Transend; and
- updating the legislative framework to reflect a fully competitive market.
See link to the legislation page for more information and access to the Exposure Legislation.
Comments are welcome on the exposure draft legislation. Please direct comments via email to:
Or by post to:
Market and Regulatory Framework Position Paper
Electricity Reform Project
Department of Treasury and Finance
GPO Box 147
HOBART TASMANIA 7001