You are viewing an archived copy of this website captured Fri May 31 15:38:06 AEST 2013

Draft Planning Schemes for Southern Tasmania

Public Consultation: June 3 – July 12 2013

The twelve Southern Tasmanian councils have prepared draft planning schemes for public consultation.

Over the next six weeks the draft schemes will be available for public inspection and submissions are sought from interested members of the community.

The Southern Councils and the Southern Tasmanian Regional Planning Project have prepared the draft schemes.

The Project is a joint initiative between the State Government, the Councils and the Southern Tasmanian Councils Authority. It is a key part of the State Government’s broader planning reform agenda.

The draft ordinance (the written part of the schemes) and the draft zoning maps will be available at council offices and over the web from June 3 to July 12.

In addition, all councils will be holding a number of community information sessions around Southern Tasmania. Download Community Information Sessions here.

Following the consultation period, the councils will take into consideration all comments received and subsequently prepare final drafts of their schemes for formal submission to the Minister for Planning.

All councils wish to provide the community with the opportunity for input so that they can ensure the draft schemes are well considered from a local, municipal and regional perspective, before formal submission.

Access to all twelve draft planning schemes is available here.

All council websites will provide a link to the above as well as information on the important local aspects of their draft planning schemes.

The consolidated project website also includes a range of key information.

Submissions are sought from all those with an interest in land use planning in Southern Tasmania by close of business, 12 July 2013. Submissions may be lodged by:

For enquiries of a regional or general nature, please contact Regional Project Manager Damian Mackey on (03) 6270 2242 or

For enquiries of a local or municipal nature, please contact your local council. Download Council Contact Details here.