You are viewing an archived copy of this website captured Fri Jan 04 16:05:40 AEDT 2013



Roads and Jetties Act 1935

An agreement with the Department of Infrastructure, Energy and Resources is required for the utility owner to carry out services / works within the state road reservations, in accordance with:

  • Telecommunications Act 1997 Schedule 3 Part 1 Division 5 Cl 11
  • Telecommunications Code of Practice 1997 Chapter 4 Part 2 Cl 4.6
  • Roads and Jetties Act 1935

This agreement is only for carrying out works within the Classified State Road Reservation. Where there is no Classified State Road Reservation, this is limited to 2.5 metres from the limit of earth works. Approval from other authorities or landowners may be required to work beyond this boundary.

Approval is required. You will need to fill in and submit an Service Works Permit Application, (PDF)

No works are to be undertaken until a written permit has been issued.
Applications can be sent:

By Mail:  


By Email:
GPO Box 936
HOBART   TAS   7001

Questions?  Please call the Traffic and Infrastructure Branch on (03) 6233 4998 or (03) 6233 2801.