You are viewing an archived copy of this website captured Fri Jan 04 16:04:27 AEDT 2013


General Works (eg pathways, stock underpass)

Roads and Jetties Act 1935        

Works can include (but are not limited to) maintenance, general roadworks, stock underpasses, pathways, vegetation management, fencing, structures, footpaths and kerb/channelling.

Approval is required.  You will need to fill in and submit a Other Works Permit Application (Not Access or Service Works), (PDF)

No works are to be undertaken until a written permit has been issued.

The granting of a planning permit by a Council does not indicate authority to carry out any works within the boundaries of a State road, nor does it guarantee that the Department will issue the permit for such works.
Traffic control at work sites may be required to maintain a safe workplace for workers and to safely guide road users through work sites.  More information can be found in the Traffic Control for Works on Roads Tasmanian Guidelines 2011

Applications can be sent:

By Mail:  


By Email:
GPO Box 936
HOBART   TAS   7001

Questions? Please call the Traffic and Infrastructure Branch:

For enquiries in relation to works (eg roundabouts, shared pathways) phone: South (03) 6233 4793, North (03) 633 62833

For enquiries in relation to works (eg stock underpasses) phone (03) 6233 4998 or (03) 6233 2801