You are viewing an archived copy of this website captured Fri Jan 04 15:54:33 AEDT 2013


Services Works (eg gas, water, electricity)

Roads and Jetties Act 1935       

Service works may not be done, and structures may not be placed, in the State road reserve without a permit.

Approval is requried.  You will need to fill in and submit a Service Works Permit Application, (PDF)

No works are to be undertaken until a written permit has been issued.

For telecommunication works see Telecommunications.

Traffic control at work sites may be required to maintain a safe workplace for workers and to safely guide road users through work sites.  More information can be found in the Traffic Control for Works on Roads Tasmanian Guidelines 2011

Applications can be sent:

By Mail:   


By Email:
GPO Box 936
HOBART   TAS   7001

Questions? Please call the Traffic and Infrastructure Branch on (03) 6233 4998 or (03) 6233 2801.