J - Publications
Publications include documents such as reports, manuals, government submissions etc and encompass those intended for publication internal to an agency and within Government, as well as external publications.
Note: The pictured examples show one way to apply the mandatory and flexible elements. See the example gallery for more examples of publications that have been developed across Government.
Internal pages/ body copy
There are no mandatory requirements for the back cover of a publication. Page borders are not permitted on the front or back cover.
The previously mandatory full and 1/5 back covers are now optional.
All Government publications must include the following bibliographic information:
- Author –the name of the department, NOT the name/s of individual
- Source – the unit/branch/division producing the publication
- Contact details such as postal address, phone, email and website address
- Date of publications – month and year
- Volume/issue number if the publication is part of a series
- International Standard Book Number (ISBN) or International Standard Series Number (ISSN) where applicable. Contact the State Library to request a number.
- Acknowledgement of copyright: Copyright State of Tasmania (year of first publication).
This information is generally placed in the inside front cover of a publication but can be relocated depending on the layout of the document.
See Guidelines for Government Publications for more information on these and other publication requirements.