8.7 Media announcements
Media announcements may be attended by Ministers or senior officials to generate media coverage for Tasmanian Government policies, programs and services.
Examples of activities that may warrant a media announcement include the:
- launch of a new program
- handover of grant money to a community organisation
- opening of a new tourist attraction or building
- release of a report or research
- announcement of a partnership
- release of government advice or announcement of policies on issues of public interest such as public health matters
- response to a crisis
- a matter of public safety.
When undertaking a media event or announcement, agencies must:
- consider whether a media announcement is appropriate for the issue
- in consultation with the relevant Minister's Office, determine if the Minister or other Member of Parliament (MP) nominated by the Minister will represent the Government at the announcement
- plan and co-ordinate media announcements with the relevant MP’s office
- advise their agency communications unit of the proposed activity as early as possible
- ensure all presentation or speech material is consistent with government policy
- ensure all government materials, displays or presentations are clearly identified in accordance with the Tasmanian Government Style Guide and Logo Policy.