The Return to Work and Injury Management Model
The Tasmanian Return to Work and Injury Management Model provides a framework for improving and streamlining the way work-related injuries are managed.
- aims to deliver better health and return to work results for injured workers, with lower costs to employers and the workers compensation system
- emphasises co-operation and a shared commitment to the injury management process
- sets out the principles, key elements and strategies that underpin and guide the injury management process
- outlines the roles and responsibilities of everyone involved in the injury management process
- outlines the processes that must be used to make the model work
Legislation was introduced on 1 July 2010 to implement the model.
WorkCover Tasmania is focusing on promoting the principles and aims of the model among key stakeholders, in particular employers, workers and industry groups. We continue to seek the input and monitor the experiences of these stakeholders as the model unfolds.
Background to the model
In October 2004, WorkCover Tasmania initiated a project to develop the model. One of the functions of the WorkCover Tasmania Board is to promote and support the effective injury management of workers. The need to provide a framework for improving and streamlining injury management processes was identified.
To identify and agree on what the principles and key elements of the model should be, and the roles and relationships of the parties involved, extensive input was received from the following representative groups:
- workers and unions
- employers and industry groups
- medical practitioners
- other health care providers
In February 2007 a final recommendation was made to the WorkCover Tasmania Board, and in June 2007 the Board decided to adopt the model and proceed with its implementation.
Return to Work and Injury Management Model
This document details the Return to Work and Injury Management Model.
- Date: 01/08/2008
- |Pub No: IMM 1
- |Size: 390.0 KB, 75 Pages
- |Version: 3.0
- |Format: PDF
This document summarises the key legislative changes supporting the injury management model.
- Date: 01/05/2010
- |Pub No: GB198
- |Size: 148.5 KB, 2 Pages
- |Version: 1.0
- |Format: PDF
For further information or assistance
For further information regarding any of the listed documents above or if you have difficulties downloading any document, please contact the WorkCover Communications Manager: Email: email@example.com
You will need a PDF viewer such as Adobe Reader to view PDF documents. The reader is is free of charge. Download Adobe Reader.
Alternatively, please phone 1300 776 572 if you require assistance obtaining a copy of the document.